Tennessee Probate Court Files (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: When searching Franklin > Probate Court, Wills > 1812-1918 > Abernathy, J.J.-Woods, Thomas H., I do not see any wills. Are the wills available?
Answer #1: This file contains several types of records: Images 1-236 are divorce records; 237-1427 are insanity records; 1428-1538 are citizenship records; 1539-1994 are wills; and 1995-2144 are slave records.
Question #2: When I try to view records in some counties, I get a message “Image not Available” for these records even when I am signed in. How can I view these records?
Answer #2: Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images online are granted by the record custodians. The microfilms with these images are available for viewing at a FamilySearch Centers; for instructions, see Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche. The following films and browse paths are currently restricted and are not available online:
- Film 1572805: Hawkins > Probate Wills > 1779-1975 > Washam, T.J.-Ziegler, Edith E
- Film 1670147: Lauderdale > Probate Court Wills > 1836-2008 > Abernathy, Eugene W – Conner, P.N. Sr.
- Film 2129947: Madison > County Court, Index to Court Records > 1827-1885 > A-Z and Madison > County Court, Court Records > 1827-1885 > Adams, E.W. - Barnett, Hugh
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Tennessee, Probate Court Files, 1795-1927 > Davidson > Probate Court, Will records > 1784-1920 > Cobble, Cami – Eggstein, Joseph > Image 25 of 1908.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Tennessee Probate Court Files (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Tennessee, Probate Court Files, 1795-1927 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 6 June 2014, at 00:58.
- This page has been accessed 406 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki