Terrington St John, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Terrington St John, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Terrington St John, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Wisbech PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538; For more records see Terrington St Clement|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
TERRTNGTON (St. John), a parish, in the union of Wisbech, hundred of Freebridge-Marshland, W. division of Norfolk, 6 miles (W. S. W.) from Lynn. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Terrington St John was created as a chapelry to Terrington St Clement, Norfolk later became an Ecclesiastical parish in the diocese of Norwich.
Includes or also known as Marshland Smeeth.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Terrington St John, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Terrington St John, Norfolk Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identify the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
| Baptisms, marriages and burials 1600-1610, 1623-1637, 1671-1812
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526744 Item 4
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438858.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Terrington St John on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 314-321. Date accessed: 15 July 2013.
- ↑ Pat Newby, "Norfolk: Towns and Parishes", GenUKI
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 6 November 2014, at 17:33.
- This page has been accessed 1,588 times.