Texas GazetteersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Several helpful guides to places in Texas have been published. These include:
- Bartholomew, Ed. 800 Texas Ghost Towns. Fort Davis, Texas: Frontier Book, 1971. FHL book 976.4 H2be
- Gannett, Henry. A Gazetteer of Texas. 2nd ed. Washington D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1904. FHL book 976.4 E5g
- Madison, Virginia and Hallie Stillwell. How Come It's Called That?: Place Names in the Big Bend Country. Albuquerque, New Mexico: University of New Mexico Press, 1958. FHL book 976.493 E2h
For river landings, see:
- Adams, Louis A. Adam's Directory of Points and Landings on Rivers and Bayous in the States of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Iowa, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin. New Orleans : W.L. Murray, 1877. Digital version at Internet Archive.
- This page was last modified on 17 September 2014, at 23:54.
- This page has been accessed 1,963 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page