Texas GazetteersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Bartholomew, Ed. 800 Texas Ghost Towns. Fort Davis, Texas: Frontier Book, 1971. FHL book 976.4 H2be
- Gannett, Henry. A Gazetteer of Texas. 2nd ed. Washington D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1904. FHL book 976.4 E5g
- Madison, Virginia and Hallie Stillwell. How Come It's Called That?: Place Names in the Big Bend Country. Albuquerque, New Mexico: University of New Mexico Press, 1958. FHL book 976.493 E2h
For river landings, see:
- Adams, Louis A. Adam's Directory of Points and Landings on Rivers and Bayous in the States of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Iowa, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin. New Orleans : W.L. Murray, 1877. Digital version at Internet Archive.
- This page was last modified on 10 July 2012, at 17:02.
- This page has been accessed 885 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More