The Knowles Collection: Jews of Africa and the OrientEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Jewish Genealogy > Knowles Collection
Use this record to find the genealogy of many Jews of Africa and The Orient. The great advantage of the Knowles Collection is that it links together into family groups, thousands of individual Jews (about 19,500 names for this database as of February 2013). Until now, these records were available only at the Family History Library or through private archives or individuals.
This record contains
- Surname and forenames (continually being added)
- Links to ancestors
- Dates where available
- Places where available
- Source citations where available
- Notes where available
Before using this record know
- Name of person to search for
- Approximate year of birth
- Where the person lived
Where to access the collection
Search this collection through the FamilySearch Community Trees website. Look for the section on Knowles Collection. More information on the Knowles Collection can be found at knowlescollection.blogspot.com.
How to search the record
- Search by the name of your ancestor
- View the sources
- View the notes
There are ttwo types of records in the collection:
- Those which have been added by Todd Knowles.In the Notes field, each item is categorized under“Research Notes”.
- Items contributed to the site by others, who are acknowledged.
- This page was last modified on 26 April 2013, at 17:21.
- This page has been accessed 736 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More