Themelthorpe, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Themelthorpe, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Aylsham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1715|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
THEMELTHORPE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 1¾ mile (E. by S.) from Foulsham. 
Themelthorpe St Andrew is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norfolk.
The church is isolated , a predominantly 13th century modification of an earlier Norman church. Themelthorpe is small settlement with the remaining railway cutting and dismantled railway bed, part of the Themelthorpe Curve which joined two railway lines together. The track closed in 1985.
Themelthorpe is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk, 3 miles (4.8 km) north west of Reepham. For the purposes of local government, it is within the district of Broadland.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Themelthorpe, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Themelthorpe, Norfolk Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 342
Parish registers of Themelthorpe Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Norwich.
Norfolk Record Office no.: PD342/10.
Baptisms, 1715-1812, marriages, 1715-1753, burials, 1715-1810; marriages, 1756-1808, banns, 1756-1822; marriages, 1813-1837. FHL BRITISH Film 1596158 Items 11 - 13
Burials, 1813-1997. FHL BRITISH Film 2147114 Item 23
Archdeacons transcripts Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Early entries in Latin.
Baptisms 1600-1610, 1624-1633, 1666-1812 Marriages 1603-1610, 1633, 1669-1808 Burials 1603-1610, 1629-1630, 1666-1810 FHL BRITISH Film 1526782 Item 13
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438855.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Themelthorpe on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 321-326. Date accessed: 15 July 2013
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:25.
- This page has been accessed 1,208 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page