Throwley, KentEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Throwley, Kent family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Throwley St Michael and All Angels Kent
|Poor Law Union||Faversham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1557|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1563|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Canterbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Kent Record Office|
Throwley is a village and civil parish in the Swale district of Kent,see Throwley Wikipedia
Throwley St Michael and All Angels is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Canterbury and is one of the group of churches in the Selling, Kent with Throwley Sheldwich, Kent with Badlesmere, Kent benefice.
The church dates from the 12th century with chapel additions in the 13th and 14th century and restored in 1866 when the tower was heightened.
The church is designated as a grade I listed building by English Heritage British listed building.
Kent County Council
Kent ME14 1XX Telephone 08458 247 400 http://www.kent.gov.uk are developing online search for all birth marriages and deaths as a result of a community volunteer effort. Not all events are capable of search but the index is updated annually. Kent County Council (KCC) has a certificate centre at the Mansion House in Tunbridge Wells which holds all the completed registers for Kent since 1 July 1837 and can supply a certified copy of any Kent birth, death or marriage entry from any register within its custody or a Kent civil partnership registration from the government online database.
The Mansion House
Grove Hill Road
Kent TN1 1EP
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Throwley, Kent parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|KOPC = Kent Online Parish Clerks - free|
|Throwley, Kent Parish Online Records|
|FMP||1557-1889||1557-1889||1754-1928 (Banns)||1754-1928 (Banns)||1557-1884||1557-1884|
Images for Thowley are available at FamilySearch Records see England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) 1780-1832
FamilySearch Records includes collections of census indexes which can be searched online for free. In addition FamilySearch Centres offer free access to images of the England and Wales Census through FHC Portal Computers here have access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
 to locate local Family History Centres in UK
 to locate outside UK.
Many archives and local history collections in public libraries in England and Wales offer online census searches and also hold microfilm or fiche census returns.
Images of the census for 1841-1891 can be viewed in census collections at Ancestry (fee payable) or Find My Past (fee payable)
The 1851 census of England and Wales attempted to identify religious places of worship in addition to the household survey census returns.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Kent Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Local Family History Centre
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) and England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view these
Maps and Gazetteers
THROWLEY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Faversham, Upper division of the lathe of Scray, E. division of Kent, 4 miles (S. S. W.) from Faversham. 
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ 'Canterbury baptism records coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Canterbury banns coverage', Find My Past, accessed 11 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Canterbury burial records coverage', Find My Past, accessed 14 November 2013.
- ↑ Kent Online Parish Clerks, accessed 20 November 2013.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 346-349. Date accessed: 25 May 2013.
- This page was last modified on 5 June 2014, at 20:16.
- This page has been accessed 1,430 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki