Tillman County, OklahomaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Tillman County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Tillman County, Oklahoma|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||July 16, 1907|
|Address|| Tillman County Courthouse|
201 N. 10th Street
Frederick, Oklahoma 73542
County seat: Frederick 
LDS Cemetery Records
Vol. 21 page 44 - Chattanooga
For tips on accessing Tillman County, Oklahoma census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
Church records vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Oklahoma denominations, view the Oklahoma Church Records Wiki page.
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Oklahoma Land and Property for additional information about early Oklahoma land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse, where records are currently housed.
Local histories are available for Tillman County, Oklahoma. County and town histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Oklahoma Local Histories.
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Tillman County, Oklahoma newspapers in online catalogs like:
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Lawton newspapers that may have included Tillman County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Oklahoma tax records complement land records and can be used to supplement the years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years in the records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Tillman County OK GenWeb Project, a member of The OKGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tillman County, Oklahoma. Page 562 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Oklahoma-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 04:22.
- This page has been accessed 3,987 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page