Tillotson Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Tillotson Parish has served Albemarle and Buckingham counties. Old Buckingham Church belonged to this parish, until 1784, when it became Buckingham Baptist Church. Goodwin Church, the church at Curdsville, and another possibly near the Methodist Female College all fell within the bounds of Tillotson Parish.
A survey of Buckingham Baptist Church Cemetery, made in 1997, has been published: FHL Book 975.5623 V3h v. 1 (pages 112-174).
- Hopkins, William Lindsay. "Surviving Records of Tillotson Parish, Buckingham County, 1771-1796," Magazine of Virginia Genealogy, Vol. 27, No. 3 (Aug. 1989):183-190. Digital version at Ancestry ($); FHL Book 975.5 B2vs.
Warren abstracted early marriages:
- Warren, Mary Bondurant et al. Buckingham County, Virginia, Church and Marriage Records, 1764-1822. Athens, Ga.: Heritage Papers, 1993. FHL Book 975.5 A1 no. 306.
- "Old Buckingham Church," The Historical Marker Database
- "Buckingham Baptist Church," The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ "Old Buckingham Church," The Historical Marker Database; "Buckingham Baptist Church," The Historical Marker Database. Both accessed 19 February 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Dell Upton, Holy Things and Profane: Anglican Parish Churches in Virginia (Yale University Press, 1997), xi.
- This page was last modified on 3 July 2013, at 21:12.
- This page has been accessed 1,563 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More