Timpanogos Stake, Utah LDS Church Wards and BranchesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Timpanogos Stake (now Pleasant Grove Utah Timpanogos Stake), organized in 1928, covered the region around Pleasant Grove. At least 21 stakes have descended from the original Timpanogos Stake.
Source for this page: Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 876-877.
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
- 1901-1913: Pleasant Grove, with the adjoining settlements of Manila and Lindon (including the northern part of what is now Orem). The northern boundary was American Fork Canyon, east was the slopes of Mt. Timpanogos, and west was American Fork (boundary location uncertain). South boundary was a line formed by Geneva Road (now Lindon 600 South/Orem 1600 North at Lindon Marina) east to what is now Orem 1200 West, south to Provo Canyon Road (now Orem 800 North), east to what is now Orem 800 East, north to what is now Orem 1200 North, then east to the mountains.
- Headquarters in: Pleasant Grove.
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- February 1852: Pleasant Grove Branch is organized as part of the Utah Stake.
- 13 January 1901: the Pleasant Grove area becomes part of the newly organized Alpine Stake.
- 1 July 1928: Timpanogos Stake (along with Lehi Stake) is divided from the Alpine Stake. The new stake includes the following wards: Pleasant Grove 1st-3rd, Manila, Lindon and Windsor.
Obtain the Records
- List of stake records at the FamilySearch Library.
- List of stake records at the Church History Library, catalogued under LR 9160.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
Wards and Branches
- This page was last modified on 18 October 2015, at 17:01.
- This page has been accessed 2,414 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News