Tingewick, Buckinghamshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Tingewick, Buckinghamshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Buckingham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1590|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - Lincoln; Post-1844 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham|
|Location of Archive|
|Buckinghamshire Record Office|
TINGEWICK, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in the district and county of Buckingham. The village stands 3¼ miles W by S of Buckingham r. station. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Tingewick parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|TINGEWICK PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241212.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Buckinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Tingewick on GENUKI
Tingewick at The People of Tingewick
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-2 Date accessed and adapted 11 July 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 28 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 20 May 2015, at 00:56.
- This page has been accessed 1,326 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More