Tipton Missouri Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Family History Center serves an area for several central counties in Missouri surrounding the city of Tipton in Moniteau County. Surrounding counties include: Morgan, Cooper, Cole, Benton, and Miller - and we can help sometimes with counties a little farther out. We are open two days a week with computers, wireless internet access, and have consultants who can assist at other times as needed.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 30630 Highway 5 S Tipton MO 65081 United States
- Older address - 31469 Hwy 5 ,in the country, about 2.5 miles south of Tipton on Hwy 5; or about 12 miles north of Versailles on Hwy 5.
- The Southwest entrance as you come into the church parking lot is the easiest way to enter the Family History Center.
- All signs relating to the Family History Center are posted on the door
- Mailing Address is: P.O.Box 579, Tipton, Missouri 65081 United States
Phone: 660- 433 -5872 (may leave message)
Alternate numbers: 660- 668- 4509 or 660 -281- 6618
FHC Director: Treava Marie Snyder
- Wednesday 1:30pm - 7:30pm
- Thursday: 1:30pm. - 7:30pm.
- Closure: We are occasionally closed unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illnes, please call ahead.
Calendar and Events
Family History Fair! Saturday, September 22, 2012 from 10am to 2pm
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have several volumes of Missouri history and a good working relationship with Historical Societies in Moniteau, Morgan and other surrounding counties.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Three computers networked to three printers (one color); and local wireless internet access for your laptop, etc.
- We have one microfiche and two microfilm readers (no printers, sorry...) and a written catalog of the fiche and film collections we have available onsite.
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff who can assist you from the very beginning with pedigree and family group sheets; those who can assist you with most types of on-line research; and those who can help you learn to use Personal Ancestral File (PAF) or other genealogy software, and how to use FamilySearch.org's family tree function most effectively. All assistance is free (there is a charge for paper copies or for CD copies).
Resources in the Local Area
Call us for specific local resources and the times they are avaiable...
(We are working on this, more will be coming... )
Volunteer at the Center
Please contact Treava Snyder, FHC Director, (at 660-668-4509 or 660-221-6618) if you have a special interest or talent; or if you would like to volunteer in some other way at the center. We can always use additional help
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:09.
- This page has been accessed 684 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki