Tixall, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Tixall, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Stafford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1707|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1663|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
TIXALL (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the S. division of the hundred of Pirehill, union, and N. division of the county, of Stafford, 5 miles (W. by N.) from Rugeley.
A Topographical and Historical Description of the Parish of Tixall in the County of Stafford (1817) has been digitised by Internet Archive - free.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Tixall St John the Baptist parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|TIXALL PARISH Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1663-2002 Mar 1633-1836 Bur 1663-1812
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1663-1865 Mar 1663-1848 Bur 1663-1864 missing bap/bur 1853-1855
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Tixall, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474623.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 366-369. Date accessed: 12 November 2012.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 21 August 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 16 September 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 26 August 2014, at 14:44.
- This page has been accessed 933 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki