Tixover, Rutland GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Tixover, Rutland ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Stamford|
|Parish registers: 1754; For more records see Ketton|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1605|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Rutland Record Office|
TIXOVER (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Stamford, hundred of Wrandike, county of Rutland, 6 miles (N. W. by W.) from Stamford. 
The Victoria County History of Tixover (1935) is available. It includes a history of the manor, church, advowson, and charities.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Tixover, Rutland Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|TIXOVER PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474578.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Rutland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 05 December 2013.
- ↑ A History of the County of Rutland, Volume 2 (1935). A History of the County of Rutland. Adapted. Date accessed: 05 December 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 16 May 2015, at 04:47.
- This page has been accessed 1,223 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News