Tooele Valley Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 751 North 520 East Tooele Utah 84074 United States
- The center is in the back of the Tooele East Stake Center.
- 1 435-882-1396
- Roger K Koon - 1 435-843-5647
- Peggy Ann Koon
Assistant FHC Directors:
- Gary Larsen
- Silvia Larsen
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00-4:00, 7:00pm.-9:00pm.
- Wednesday: 10:00am. - 4:00pm.
- Friday:10:00am. - 4:00pm.
- Saturday by appointment only. (For an appointment, call center during business hours. Phone: 435-882-1396.
- Closed for National Holidays
- Summer Breaks include the following:
- The week of the 4th of July for Independence Day
- The week of the 24th of July for Pioneer Day
- Closed Thanksgiving Week.
- Closed two weeks for Christmas
Calendar and Events
Become a Fan of Family History
Family History Fair November 8, 2014
Tooele East Stake Center
751 North 520 East, Tooele, Utah
Go to the Registration Formto register for the fair. It is not required to attend but it will help us with planning.
Use the link below for a printable version of the schedule of this years fair.
Presented by Lynn Andersen:
- How to Recognize Your Ancestors
- Finding Your Cousins Using FamilySearch & Other Online Tools (Class will be repeated)
- Using FamilySearch to Solve Tough Research Problems
Presented by Van Celaya:
- FamilySearch & Wiki
- Advanced Google Search Tips & Secrets
- Affiliate & Other Genealogy Websites
- Practice & Application - Hands On
Presented by David Dilts
- Religious Migration History & Genealogy
- Research Logs: Important Tools for Organizing Your Genealgoy
Presented by Robert Givens:
- Using Puzzilla.org to Find Names For the Temple
- Writing Your Ancestors Life Stories
- Bringing Order Out of the Chaos in Your Family Tree
Presented by Pat Jensen:
Presented by Ann Moss
Presented by Lindsay Parker:
- Introduction to FamilySearch YOUTH
- Family History Research Using FamilySearch, Ancestry & Find My Past YOUTH
- FamilySearch Memories: Photos, Documents & Stories
Presented by B J Salmond
Presented by Bud Wood:
Films may be sent to this center when ordered from the:*FamilySearch Catalog: :*
Small library of books that consists of biographies, genealogies, family histories, histories, maps, genealogical reference guides and vital records etc. Use link below to access a list of our books.
FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 12 Lenovo ThinkCentre all in one computers.
- A digital film reader that prints the documents and can also save the document to a flash drive or cd.
- four manual film readers and one microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Our staff specialties include the following:
- Family Trees
- Record Management Programs
- Google Research
- Free Research Websites
We always strive to have enough staff so that each patron who comes in can have one-on-one help.
Volunteer at the Center
The center is always looking for volunteers. The shifts are 3 hours long. 10:00-1:00, 1:00-4:00 and two hour shifts in the evenings 7:00-9:00pm. You can choose the shift. It is not necessary to be an expert in family history.
- This page was last modified on 7 October 2014, at 19:36.
- This page has been accessed 3,338 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki