Tooele Valley Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 751 North 520 East Tooele Utah 84074
- The center is in the back of the Tooele East Stake Center
- Location on Map
- Tuesday & Thursday: 10:00-4:00, 7:00-9:00
- Wednesday & Friday: 10:00-4:00
Holiday Schedule: Closed November 17- 24 Thanksgiving
Closed December 17- January 7 Christmas
Calendar and Events
Family History Fair
November 9, 2013 Tooele East Stake Center
751 North 520 East, Tooele, Utah
For our schedule of classes go to
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- This center has a small library of books that consists of biographies, genealogies, family histories, histories, maps, genealogical reference guides and vital records etc. Use link below to access a list of our books.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- We also have Ancestry.com.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 12 Lenovo ThinkCentre all in one computers. A digital film reader that prints the documents but can also save the document to a flash drive or cd and four other film readers and one microfiche.
Staff Research Specialties
There is always at least one staff member per shift that is an expert in the following areas:
- Family Trees
- Record Management Programs
- Google Research
- Free Research Websites
We always strive to have enough staff so that each patron who comes in can have one-on-one help.
Volunteer at the Center
The center is always looking for volunteers. The shifts are 3 hours long. 10:00-1:00, 1:00-4:00 and two hour shifts in the evenings 7:00-9:00pm. You can choose the shift. It is not necessary to be an expert in family history.
- This page was last modified on 21 August 2013, at 16:26.
- This page has been accessed 1,375 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More