Tregony, CornwallEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Tregony, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Truro PLU|
|Parish registers: None; For records see St Cuby|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None; For records see St Cuby|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
TREGONEY cum St. James, a market-town and parish, in the union of Truro, W. division of the hundred of Powder and of the county of Cornwall, 41½ miles (S. W.) from Launceston, and 248 (S. W. by W.) from London. There are places of worship for Independents and Wesleyans.
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Tregony, Cornwall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FS PRs = England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010 (FamilySearch) - free|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|Tregony, Cornwall Parish Online Records|
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241269.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to [county] probate records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
Cuby with Tregony in GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 386-390. Date accessed: 23 March 2013
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 22 May 2014.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:32.
- This page has been accessed 728 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page