Twerton-on-Avon, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Bath PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1599|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
Twerton-On-Avon (St Michael) or, formerly Twiverton St Michael is an Ancient parish and village on the Avon, N.E. Somerset,1 1/2 West of Bath. Its parish registers commence from the year 1538.
TWERTON, or Twiverton, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Bath district, Somerset. The village stands on the river Avon, and on the Great Western railway, 2 miles W of Bath.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bath Civil Registration District has a complete index of civil registration from 1837-2007 online through the volunteer effort of Bath BMD,England Marriage registrations post 2007 are added as index become available. There are detailed content tables available.
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
Twerton St Michael and All Angels parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Twerton St Michael and All Angels Parish Online Records|
Twerton-on-Avon, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|TWERTON ON AVON PARISH Online Records|
Twerton St Peter parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|TWERTON ST PETER PARISH Online Records|
Somerset Online Parish Clerks
Contributor include here any information about the transcripts for the parish and links to the Online Parish Clerk material.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474605.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
Gazatteer SOM-ZOZ British 942 E5ca v.6 at the FHL
- ↑ The British Library, Europeana.eu. Adapted. Date accessed: 11 April, 2013.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Date accessed and adapted: 25 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 16 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.
- This page was last modified on 15 July 2014, at 16:40.
- This page has been accessed 1,081 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki