US Army Enlistments, 1798-1914Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|(list may not be complete)|
The "Register of Enlistments in the U.S. Army, 1798-1914" (NARA M233) consists of U.S. Army registers that recorded the name and other information on soldiers that enlisted between 1798 and 1914.
The registers do not specifically indicate which wars a soldier may have served in. However, they often give information indicating where the soldier was stationed and when and how he was discharged as well as other information in the remarks section of the registers.
Content of the Records:
Content available in registers varies by year. Information that can generally be found includes:
- U.S. Army, Register of Enlistments, 1798-1914 (Ancestry) ($)
- United States, Registers of Enlistments in the U. S. Army, 1798 - 1914 (FamilySearch) - browsable only
- Wiki articles describing this collection is found at:
- This page was last modified on 20 June 2012, at 06:10.
- This page has been accessed 2,316 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More