US Military Types of Military RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The major types of military records kept by federal and state governments are:
- Service records (militia, volunteer, or regular forces)
- Pension records, and Bounty Land Warrants
- Draft, conscription, or Selective Service records
Other records relating to military service include unit histories, veterans census schedules, burial and cemetery records, old soldier home records, records of veterans’ organizations, military lineage society records, biographies, and award records.
See the tutorial on FamilySearch Learning Center of "Ancestors Season 1: Census and Military Records".
- This page was last modified on 4 January 2012, at 23:33.
- This page has been accessed 4,618 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More