US War of 1812 Cemetery RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Only about 2,000 soldiers and sailors were killed during the War of 1812. A list of those who died is in the following source:
- Peterson, Clarence Stewart. Known Military Dead during the War of 1812. Baltimore, Maryland: Clarence Stewart Peterson, 1955. (FHL book 973 M23p; fiche 6051255.) Includes the name, rank, place where enlisted, whether the soldier died or was killed, and the date of capture, if he was taken prisoner.
Additional burial records include:
- Finnell, Arthur Louis. Known War of 1812 Veterans Buried in Minnesota. Roseville, Minnesota: Park Genealogical Books, 1997 (FHL book 977.6 V3f.) Includes the name, place of birth and death, name of spouse, and where married. Also includes the soldier’s service record with dates and his residence at time of death.
- Miller, Alice Turner, comp. Soldiers of the War of 1812 Who Died in Michigan. Ithica, Michigan: A.T. Miller, 1962. (FHL book 977.4 M23m; film 0844961 item 3.) Each entry lists the soldier’s birth and death dates, his wife’s name, and the place where he is buried.
- McCown, Mary Harbin, and Inez E. Burns. Soldiers of the War of 1812 Buried in Tennessee. Typescript, 1959. (FHL book 976.8 M23m.) Alphabetically arranged. Name entries include birth and death dates or notations if the soldier was still living when the records were compiled.
- Miller, Phyllis Brown, editor. Index to the Grave Records of Servicemen of the War of 1812, State of Ohio. Brockville, Ohio: Dillon’s Princely, 1988. (FHL book 977.1 V22u 1988; film 0496718 item 5.) (1969 edition FHL film 0496718 item 15.) This index includes the name, rank, unit, birth and death dates of each soldier and his wife, sources of information, and year of entry of the graves registration form into Daughters of 1812 records. This source indexes 5,197 grave registration forms submitted between 1937 and 1987 by members of the United States Daughters of 1812 in the state of Ohio.
- This page was last modified on 11 July 2012, at 23:38.
- This page has been accessed 1,045 times.