Uffculme, DevonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Uffculme, Devon family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Tiverton PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1591|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Uffculme|
|Location of Archive|
|Devon Record Office|
UFFCULME (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Tiverton, hundred of Bampton, Collumpton and N. divisions of Devon, 4¾ miles (N. E.) from Collumpton. There are places of worship for Baptists and Independents. Bradfield Hall, in the parish, is a perfect ancient mansion, and to which a chapel was formerly attached.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Uffculme, Devon parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|UFFCULME PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241302.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Devon Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish. Also, you can look at Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Uffculme
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 411-414. Date accessed: 05 November 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 19 February 2014.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Devon Parish registers collection 1538 on Familyrelatives.com,' Family Relatives, accessed 12 March 2012. Taken from Phillimore Marriage Indexes.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Devon, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 12 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 26 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 12 May 2014, at 19:18.
- This page has been accessed 1,347 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki