Uley, GloucestershireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Uley, Gloucestershire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Dursley PLU|
|Parish registers: 1668|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1599|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
ULEY (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Dursley, Upper division of the hundred of Berkeley, W.division of the county of Gloucester, 2½ miles (E. by N.) from Dursley. The parish is situated on the road from Berkeley to Stroud and Cheltenham. 
Uley is located in the southern Cotswold Hills of Gloucestershire, about . It is Historical information for Uley is given on the following web sites:
Uley, Gloucestershire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FHSO = FHSOnline - (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|JOIN = Joiner's Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|ULEY PARISH Online Records|
From 1837 until 1946, Uley was in the civil registration district of Dursley. Until 1852, Dursley was included in volume 11 of the national quarterly registers. Beginning in 1852, it was in volume 6A. These records are indexed online. See England Civil Registration.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288761.
Before 1858, Uley was under the probate jurisdiction of the ecclesiastical Court of the Bishop of Gloucester. Beginning in 1858, it was under the jurisdiction of the civil Gloucester Probate Registry.
The records for 1541-1858 are indexed online in the Gloucestershire Genealogical Database. Once you have searched the index, return to the Wiki and go to the article on the Court of the Bishop of Gloucester for information on obtaining the records.
Original records are deposited at the Gloucestershire Archives.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 414-418. Date accessed: 12 March 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 5 May 2014.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' Joiner's Marriage Index, accessed 29 January 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
Genealogy and History Websites
- This page was last modified on 16 May 2014, at 21:07.
- This page has been accessed 1,448 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki