Ulysses, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Ulysses Philomathic Library
74 E. Main Street
Trumansburg, NY 14886
Phone: (607) 387-5623
Fax: (607) 387-3823
Tompkins County Public Library
Genealogical Resources: Local history, newspapers, books
The History Center of Tompkins County
Genealogical Resources: Research and Reference Services
Mary Williams, Research Librarian
Ulysses Historical Society
Genealogical Resources: Local history, books, maps, and genealogies. History & Genealogy
Genealogical Resources: The Historian may provide access to obituaries, vital records, church records, maps, and family files or journals. Some historians provide search services for their office records and others may refer you to local genealogists who research in the area.
Ulysses Town Clerk
10 Elm St.
Trumansburg, NY 14886
The Town Clerk has the records of birth, death, or marriage for the town.
Ulysses Town Historian
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Ulysses, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- ↑ Central New York Genealogical Society at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nycnygs/index.htm (accessed 1 November 2011).
- ↑ Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogist's Address Book: State and Local Resources, with Special Resources Including Ethnic and Religious Organizations, 6th ed. (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub., 2009), 473. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24ben 2009.
- This page was last modified on 28 February 2012, at 22:37.
- This page has been accessed 642 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More