Union BiographiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Sifakis, Stewart. Who Was Who in the Civil War . New York, New York: Facts on File, 1988. (FHL book 973 H2sif.) This biographical compendium has histories of 2,500 civilian and military notables of the North and South, including 1,008 generals.
- Holland, Mary A. Gardner. Our Army Nurses. Boston: Press of Lounsbery, Nichols, and Worth, 1896, 1897. (FHL book 973 M2ho; film 1698287 item 9.) Provides brief biographical sketches of women and their service as nurses.
- Hubbell, John T., and James W. Geary, editors. Biographical Dictionary of the Union. Northern Leaders of the Civil War . Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press, 1995. (FHL book 973 D36bh.) Contains short biographical sketches with birth and death information on 872 political, military, and other leaders. It also includes a bibliography.
- Dornbusch, Charles E., compiler. Military Bibliography of the Civil War . Three Volumes. New York, New York Public Library, 1975. Reprint, Volume 4. Dayton, Ohio: The Press of Morningside Bookshop, 1987. (FHL book 973 H2dn; film 1036612 items 1–3.) A bibliography of 8,241 regimental and unit histories, narratives, and biographies for both the North and the South.
- This page was last modified on 3 January 2012, at 02:36.
- This page has been accessed 1,294 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki