United States World War II Enlistment RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
World War II Army Enlistment Records (1938-1946)
The "World War II Army Enlistment Records, created, 6/1/2002 - 9/30/2002, documenting the period ca. 1938 - 1946" covers abt. 8.7 million men and women who enlisted in the Army including the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps and abt.300,000 reservists who enlisted in the Enlisted Reserve Corps. Please note, however, that the database is not comprehensive and does not cover all Army enlistments.
The National Archives has created a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document for this database to help explain some of the questions regarding this electronic record.
Content of the Records
Where to Find the Records
- World War II Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File (National Archives)
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 (Ancestry) ($)
- World War 2 U.S. Army Enlistment Archive 1938 - 1946 (Crafted Knowledge) (free)
- This page was last modified on 13 May 2014, at 00:31.
- This page has been accessed 28,496 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More