United States World War II Enlistment RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
World War II Army Enlistment Records (1938-1946)
The "World War II Army Enlistment Records, created, 6/1/2002 - 9/30/2002, documenting the period ca. 1938 - 1946" covers abt. 8.7 million men and women who enlisted in the Army including the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps and abt.300,000 reservists who enlisted in the Enlisted Reserve Corps. Please note, however, that the database is not comprehensive and does not cover all Army enlistments.
The National Archives has created a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document for this database to help explain some of the questions regarding this electronic record.
Content of the Records
Where to Find the Records
- World War II Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File (National Archives)
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 (Ancestry) ($)
- World War 2 U.S. Army Enlistment Archive 1938 - 1946 (Crafted Knowledge) (free)
A copy of the National Archives Enlistment Records are available at Family Search. 9,038,855 records, 16 Dec 2012
- This page was last modified on 26 July 2015, at 18:20.
- This page has been accessed 49,067 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News