Upper Lake - Ukiah Indian Agency (California)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
The Upper Lake-Ukiah Agency was established in 1909 to administer Indian affairs in Lake County, California and was expanded to include Sonoma and southern Mendocino Counties. In 1911, the agency was abolished and its duties were transferred toRound Valley Agency.
The majority of records of individuals were those created by the agencies. Some records may be available to tribal members through the tribal headquarters.They were (and are) the local office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and were charged with maintaining records of the activities of those under their responsibility. Among these records are:
- Allotment records
- Annuity rolls
- Census records
- Health records
- School census and records
- Vital records
A small amount of correspondence and fiscal records for the Upper Lake - Ukiah Agency, 1909-1911, is in the Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in San Francisco.
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Upper Lake - Ukiah Agency, 1910-1911, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Roll 161, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm number 1724379).
- ↑ Guide to Archival Holdings, Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in San Francisco, Record Group 75, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- ↑ Guide to Federal Records, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Record Group 75. Available online.
- ↑ American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998, Microcopy 1011, p. 27
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- This page was last modified on 31 March 2015, at 14:40.
- This page has been accessed 847 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More