User:Batsondl/Sandbox Options C and AEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Kentucky Research: Finding Death Information
1852 to Present
County governments sporadically recorded deaths in Kentucky during from 1852 to 1910. The Kentucky state government began recording death certificates in 1911.
Index and Digital Images
- 1852-1953 Kentucky, Death Records - ($), incomplete for some counties
Microfilm copy of Original
If you do not have access to Ancestry.com, these records are also available on microfilm through FamilySearch. They are cataloged as Vital records in the pertinent county in the Family History Library Catalog Place Search, for example, Kentucky, Butler - Vital records.
Ordering Certificates - 1911 to the Present
You can order a copy of the death certificate from the Kentucky Department for Public Health for a fee of $6.00. Visit their website to obtain contact information.
1700s to 1851
No official death records were kept by Kentucky state or county governments during this period. To find death information on persons who died during these years, try the various alternative record types listed in the Kentucky Record Selection Table under "Death information."
For more recent years (1954-present), check the Social Security Death Index (see below), or order a copy of the death certificate from the Kentucky Department for Public Health for a fee of $6.00.
Another valuable source for persons who died in Kentucky between the 1960s and the present is the Social Security Death Index, which is available on FamilySearch.org - free.
If you do not find the person you are looking for, try the various alternative record types listed in the Kentucky Record Selection Table under "Death information."
Cemeteries - Sumner County, Tennessee
Published Records Not Online
- Sumner County, Tennessee, Cemetery records by Margaret Cummings Snider and Joan Hollis Yogason (published 1981) At various libraries FHL book 976.847 V3s
- Sumner County Miscellaneous Records by Zoie Lynne Bowen(published 1997), At various libraries FHL book FHL 976.847 V3b
History - Evanston, Cook County, Illinois
Online Digital Book
- A Classic Town:the Story of Evanston (published 1891) Google Books digital version Internet Archive digital version
- Evanston's Yesterdays:Stories of Early Evanston and Sketches of Some of its Pioneers (published 1901) Internet Archive digital version
- Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois: history of Evanston (published 1903) Internet Archive digital version FamilySearch digital version Google Books digital version
Vital Records - Ohio
- 1908-1953 Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 at FamilySearch.org - Free, Index and images of Ohio death certificates. You must have a FamilySearch account and be logged in to view images.
- 1908-1932, 1938-1944, 1958-2007 Ohio, Death Index, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007 FamilySearch.org - Free index. Provides death certificate number. Order originals through the Ohio History Store ($).
- 1913-1944 Ohio Death Certificate Index, 1913 - 1944 at Ohio Historical Society - Free index. Search by county and timeframe. Order originals through the Ohio History Store ($).
- This page was last modified on 28 February 2013, at 23:47.
- This page has been accessed 146 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More