User:Batsondl/Sandbox Strategy 1Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
How to Find United States Birth Records
About United States Birth Records
- Most states began recording births between 1900 and 1930, but each started a different year. For example,
- New England states started recording births on the town level starting as early as the first residents of the town. New England states consist ofConnecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont,and New Hampshire.
- Some states began recording births on the county level as early as the 1860s.
- Restrictions: Births after 1900 often have restrictions on who can see them. Each state has its own laws. One state may have births for some years available to everyone while other states may limit access to relatives.
Learn more about U.S. Birth Records
Start Here: Where Did the Birth Occur?
To find a birth record, choose the state the birth occurred:
- What if you don't know the state? — Go to Estimating Birth Information
This page was last modified on 4 June 2013, at 19:14.
This page has been accessed 1,028 times.