User:DSGurtlerEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Deborah Gurtler, BA, AG
- Brigham Young University, B.A. Family History (2009)
- Accredited genealogist for the U. S. Mid-south region
- Internship at the New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007)
- Family History Field Study in the Archives of Spain (2009)
- Genealogist for BYU TV’s “Generations Project”
- Worked with a team of genealogists on the ancestry of Tim McGraw for the NBC program “Who Do You Think You Are”
- Volunteer at Family History Centers in New Mexico and Chile
- Chairman of the Orem Multi-Stake Family History Fair, 2011
- “FamilySearch.org” taught in Spanish at the Family History Library
- “Registros Diocesanos” Hispanic Research Series, Family History Library, October 2011
- “Is PAF All I Really Need” Orem Multi-Stake Family History Fair, 2011 and at the Utah Valley PAF User’s Group, 2011
- “Ye Olde Handwriting” Orem Multi-Stake Family History Fair, 2011
- “Hey Grandpa, Tell Me A Story” Orem Multi-Stake Family History Fair, 2010
- “Como Empezar Mi Historia Familiar” Orem Multi-Stake Family History Fair, 2010
- FamilySearch.org part 1 in Spanish
- FamilySearch.org part 2 in Spanish
- FamilySearch.org part 3 in Spanish
- Crossing the Frontera
- Various Hispanic research beginner and methodology classes taught at conferences and in the Family History Library in Spanish and English.
- Hispanic Genealogy
- Spanish Notarial Records
- Southern U. S.
- Portuguese Research
- Spanish – I can speak, read, and write
- Italian, French, Portuguese, Catalan, and Latin – I can read some of each
- Comunidad de Investigación Genealógica en España on Facebook
- Hispanic Genealogy Research Community on Facebook
- Mexico Genealogy Research Community on Facebook
- Regional administrator of FamilySearch Facebook communities for South America and Spanish research worldwide.
- @genealogynerd Follow me on Twitter
- La Genealogista Blog in Spanish about genealogy research in Hispanic countries
- Southern Family History Blog about genealogy research in the Southern United States
- This page was last modified on 28 April 2013, at 23:44.
- This page has been accessed 552 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More