User:FamilyjournalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Orem, Utah is my home town. I am an avid researcher. My love for Family History started with the stories that my Grandmothers told me. One Grandmother was accurate about her family that took the westward trek and the other Grandmother totally fabricated her history complete with claims to royalty and grand wealth. This put me on a journey to authenticate my ancestors history. Migration patterns have come to fascinate me. I served a LDS Family History Mission where I was given the chance to author articles for the wiki. That created a passion for this amazing research tool.
The more I learn, the more I find the need to help others on their journey of family discovery. The wiki is a wonderful vehicle for all of us to help each other. Everyone knows about something that could help someone else. Please just jump in and share your knowledge with the rest of us.
Wiki projects current and past
- February thru April 2015: Teaching "Research Wiki" at the Ogden FamilySearch Center.
- January to February 2015: Trainer "Introduction to the Wiki" at the Ogden FamilySearch Center, training missionaries and volunteers about the wiki.
- 17 Sept 2011: Presenter "The What, Why, Where and How of the FamilySearch Research Wiki" Ogden Family History Conference
- Updating wiki images with the correct license
- Writing a series of articles on how to research the Ghost Towns of Utah
- Updating the County Articles of Iowa, Yes all 99 of them
- Updating the County Articles of Ohio
- Expanding Orphaned pages
- United States History
- Histories of every state along with timelines (2008-2009)
- Beginning formation of Vital Record Pages for each state (2008-2009)
Other Projects of Mine:
- Writing the history of my crazy Murphy Ancestors, check out my blog beginnings at Nellie Murphy
- Transcribing cemeteries and contributing to Findagrave.com
- Annotating pictures and documents at Fold3.com
- Volunteering with Festival of Trees
- Learning to piece quilts in my extra time.
- This page was last modified on 24 March 2015, at 02:28.
- This page has been accessed 3,744 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More