User:HardestyPNEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Family History Library: US and Canada Reference Consultants Patricia N. Hardesty, AG
Patricia Nielsen Hardesty, AG®
I am a research consultant for the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, focusing on United States and Canadian research. I have worked in the library since 1978, Prior to that, I worked for the library while going to the University of Utah for three and a half years. I worked in the L. D. S. Church and General Reference Unit until it was merged with the United States and Canadian Reference unit in 1991. I am accredited in LDS research, knowing LDS temple records and membership records very well. I have become proficient in genealogical research in the United States in the past twenty years in Mid-West, New England, Western, Mid-Atlantic, and Mid-South states.
I earned a Bachelors degree, cum laude, in Elementary Education.
United States and Canadian Research Consultant in the Family History Library continuous from 1991 to the present
LDS Church and General Reference Consultant in the Genealogical Library, 1978–1991
Elementary School Teacher, 1974–1976
Special Collections Consultant (LDS Temple Records) at the Genealogical Library, 1972–1974
Library Record Attendant at the Genealogical Library, 1971–1972
Churchill Jr.School Library 1970
Accreditation in L. D. S. Church Records Research
Genealogical Research Expertise
- Midwestern Region of the United States — Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Western Region of the United States — Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington
- New England Region of the United States — Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States — New York, Maryland, and Pennsylvania
- Mid-South Region of the United States — Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia
Organizations & Associations
National Genealogical Association
Daughters of the Utah Pioneers
Mormon History Association
BS in Elementary Education from the University of Utah
- This page was last modified on 4 October 2011, at 23:30.
- This page has been accessed 2,557 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More