User:HealeyJEEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Works as a research consultant at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, for FamilySearch, a non-profit holding of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I have presented at conferences: Federation of Genealogical Societies, Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research,National Genealogical Society, Salt Lake Genealogy Institute, ICAPGen, Brigham Young University, Utah Genealogical Association, South Davis Family History Fair, Family History Expos, Riverton FamilySearch Library, Family History Conferences, and the Family History Library.
Future Conferences and Presentations:
May 8-11, 2013: National Genealogical Society - Las Vegas, Nevada
June 2014: Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- BS, University of Utah, June 1974, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Accredited Genealogist Midwestern States 2001-present
Accredited Genealogist (AG) is a registered service mark of International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists® (ICAPGen), used under license by accredited associates who meet the genealogical competency standards of ICAPGen.
- Member of National Genealogical Society (NGS)
- Member of Association of Professional Genealogist (APG)
- Board member of Utah Afro American Historical and Genealogical Society
- I nurture an interest in American Indian and African American records and research
- Contributes to the Utah Afro American Historical and Genealogical Society, Newsletter
- Past Board member of the Utah Genealogical Association, worked with the Pioneer Certificates and First Families of Utah
Current Wiki Projects
- Currently contributing to the American Indian Wiki pages
- Created Online American Indian Genealogical Records
- Created Online African American Genealogical Records
- Contributing to African American Wiki pages
- contributed to the United States Colored Troops in the Civil War - Civil War Wiki Project
- Contributed of New York, and Pennsylvania Wiki project
- Contributed (2011) to Illinois, Counties: Champaign, DeWitt, Ford, Grundy, Iroquois, Kankakee, Livingston, Logan, Marshall, McLean, Piatt, Tazewell, Vermilion, and Woodford.
Conference Attendance and Presentation
Presented at the National Genealogical Society, 2013 Family History Conference Building New Bridges Las Vegas, Nevada 8-11 May 2013. Overview of Native American Research.and Native American Research in the Great Basin Region.
Attended: 2nd International Black Genealogy Summit Salt Lake City, Utah 2012
Presenting at The Federation of Genealogical Societies, Indians, Squatters, Settlers, and Soldiers in the "Old Southwest." Birmingham, Alabama. Workshop: American Indian Research (Native American) and Case Study. Aug. 29-Sep 1, 2012.
Presented at Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research in the Researching African American Ancestors Course. June 2012. Samford University, Birmingham, AL
Attended: National Institute Genealogical Research 2011, Washington D.C. 2011
Attended: Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research - Researching African American Ancestors, Birmingham, Alabama, Samford University, 2012, 2010, and 2008
Presented at the National Genealogical Society,Follow Your Ancestral Trail, Salt Lake City, Utah 2010
Attended: The First International Black Genealogy Summit Reconnecting Lost Links, Fort Wayne, Indiana 2009
I enjoy reading biographies, motivational books. The Art of Start, and Enchantment, both by Guy Kowasaki.
I have baked and decorated three groom and fourteen wedding, some anniversary, and many birthday cakes, for family and friends.
- This page was last modified on 31 July 2014, at 00:48.
- This page has been accessed 2,678 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki