User:JensenFA/New Ways to Publish a Personal or Family HistoryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Publishing your own personal or family history is much easier today than it was several years ago. There are a lot of companies that can help you with the publishing process. Here's a few to begin with:
- BYU Cougar Prints
- Cherish Bound
- Create Space
- Family Heritage Publishers and Treasured Ink
- Gateway Press
- Genealogy Printing Co.
- Heritage Makers
- iPhoto Books
- Memory Press
- My Publisher
- U Build a Book
Learning About Print-on-Demand
There are a lot of options available today for printing my own personal or family history book, so I decided to conduct my own research study. The print-on-demand subject and industry is growing rapidly these days, especially on the Internet. I ran across some articles and websites that were helpful one way or another. One thing I learned was that there is a difference between print-on-demand, publish-on-demand, and vanity press.
- National Association of Women Writers - http://www.naww.org/blog/
- SelfPublishing: Helping Authors Become Publishers - http://www.selfpublishing.com/
- Publishing Basics Newsletter - http://www.publishingbasics.com/
- Print on demand article at Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_on_demand
- Vanity press article at Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_press
- An Incomplete Guide to Print on Demand Publishers - http://booksandtales.com/pod/index.php
- Self Publishing Blog by Morris Rosenthal - http://www.fonerbooks.com/cornered.htm
Class on Creating Memory Books
- Writing Your Family and Personal History
- Write a Family History
- For Further Reading about writing a family history see the bibliography listed under the section titled "Writing a Family History."
- This page was last modified on 25 March 2009, at 16:41.
- This page has been accessed 368 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More