User:JensenFA/New Ways to Publish a Personal or Family HistoryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Publishing your own personal or family history is much easier today than it was several years ago. There are a lot of companies that can help you with the publishing process. Here's a few to begin with:
- BYU Cougar Prints
- Cherish Bound
- Create Space
- Family Heritage Publishers and Treasured Ink
- Gateway Press
- Genealogy Printing Co.
- Heritage Makers
- iPhoto Books
- Memory Press
- My Publisher
- U Build a Book
Learning About Print-on-Demand
There are a lot of options available today for printing my own personal or family history book, so I decided to conduct my own research study. The print-on-demand subject and industry is growing rapidly these days, especially on the Internet. I ran across some articles and websites that were helpful one way or another. One thing I learned was that there is a difference between print-on-demand, publish-on-demand, and vanity press.
- National Association of Women Writers - http://www.naww.org/blog/
- SelfPublishing: Helping Authors Become Publishers - http://www.selfpublishing.com/
- Publishing Basics Newsletter - http://www.publishingbasics.com/
- Print on demand article at Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_on_demand
- Vanity press article at Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_press
- An Incomplete Guide to Print on Demand Publishers - http://booksandtales.com/pod/index.php
- Self Publishing Blog by Morris Rosenthal - http://www.fonerbooks.com/cornered.htm
Class on Creating Memory Books
- Writing Your Family and Personal History
- Write a Family History
- For Further Reading about writing a family history see the bibliography listed under the section titled "Writing a Family History."
- This page was last modified on 25 March 2009, at 16:41.
- This page has been accessed 610 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki