User:KirkBEEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with his mother in 1961, and served in the France/Belgium Mission from 1969 to 1971. Also, lived in Quebec and Alberta, Canada; and Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah. Presently, he resides in West Valley City, Utah.
- MPA Graduate studies BYU - 1995-6
- BA University Studies (Linguistics, Religion, French, Sociology) BYU - 1978
- AA Professional Genealogical Research BYU - 1978
- AA Gerontology - BYU 1975
- Studies at Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC 1972-4; transferred to BYU.
- AG - French-Canadian and Acadian Research 1977
- AG - France 1984
- AG - Canada (General) 1985
- AG - Belgium 1986
- Also, research experience in the United States, Switzerland, Ukraine, Italy, and British Isles.
- Phillips Cables - Lab Technician, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - 1971-2;
- Librarian - BYU Harold B. Lee Library, Provo, Utah - 1975-8;
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) - Finances, Provo, Utah - 1975-8;
- Research Assistant - BYU Humanities, Provo, Utah - 1975-7; BYU Religion 1980;
- Professional Genealogical Research - 1975 to present;
- Camera Operator for Genealogical Society of Utah (GSU) - Quebec, Canada - microfilming Catholic Registers - 1978-80;
- Head Accountant - HH Smith Customs Broker - Coutts, Alberta, Canada - 1980-2;
- Family History Library - 1983 to present (worked in Field Services Unit, Correspondence Unit, International Reference Unit, and presently in US/Canada Unit (1995 to present));
- Taught HIST 406R Canadian Research BYU - 2005; on leave.
- UGA Board of Directors 1988-91;
Lectures and Presenter at the following locations:
- Many genealogical seminars throughout Canada and the United States, from 1984 onwards; including BYU Family History and Genealogical seminars (many times).
Membership in Genealogical Societies
- Association of Professional Genealogists - Lifetime membership;
- Société Généalogique Canadienne-Françoise - Lifetime membership;
- Utah Genealogical Association - Lifetime membership;
- Annual memberships in many other societies and websites.
- Mainly published books for the family and donated a copy to the Family History Library, so that patrons could also have access to the information. See the Family History Catalog link
Projects participated in
- US Census WIKI Project 2009-10;
- Wrote several WIKI articles 2009-10.
- This page was last modified on 23 October 2011, at 06:38.
- This page has been accessed 1,050 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More