User:Laraleepn/Sandbox 19Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Family History Library has the Maryland 1890 Civil War Union veterans schedule and index. The index is:
- Dilts, Bryan Lee. 1890 Maryland Census Index of Civil War Veterans or Their Widows. Salt Lake City, Utah: Index Publishing, 1985. (Family History Library book 975.2 X22d 1890).
Slave holder schedules
1850 United States Census Slave Schedules—A free Internet index and images to the 1850 United States Census Slave Schedules can be viewed on theFamilySearch Record Search listing each slave owner's name and residence. It also shows the age, gender, and color of the slaves. Slave names are not normally listed.
1850-1860-- Slave holder schedules list the name of the owner, the numbers of slaves owned, whether the slaves were male or female, and the slaves' age ranges. They do not list the slaves by name. The slave schedules are not indexed.
For slave holder schedules see:
1850-1880--Mortality schedules exist. The schedules and indexes are available at the Maryland State Archives.
1850 United States Census Mortality Schedules—A free Internet index and images to the 1850 United States Census Mortality Schedules can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search. Mortality schedules provided nationwide death statistics for the twelve months prior to the 1850 census. Key genealogical facts found on the 1850 mortality schedule are: Name, age, sex, color, married or widowed, birthplace, month of death, occupation, cause of death.
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of and the following published mortality schedules:
- Dryden, Ruth T. (Ruth Jean Tamm), 1923–. State of Maryland Mortality Schedules, 1850 & 1860. San Diego, California: Dryden, [198-?]. (Family History Library book 975.2 X28d; fiche 6117599)
- Riley, Janet Wilson.&columns=*,0,0 Eastern Shore Mortality Schedule, 1870.Silver Spring, Maryland: Family Line Publications, 1985. (Family History Library book 975.21 X28r.) The Eastern shore area includes nine counties: Caroline, Cecil, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Annes, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, and Worcester.
- Riley, Janet Wilson. Mortality Schedule of the Eastern Shore of Maryland, 1880. Silver Spring, Maryland: Family Line Publications, 1986. (Family History Library book 975.2 A1 No. 196) The Eastern Shore area includes nine counties: Caroline, Cecil, Dorcester, Kent, Queen Annes, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, and Worcester.
- This page was last modified on 29 March 2012, at 17:14.
- This page has been accessed 617 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More