User:McbridelwEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Lisa is a native of Colorado, but spent most of her youth in the Chicago-land area. After five years in Mesa, Arizona, she moved to Utah in 1981.
Lisa is accredited in Mid-South states, with an emphasis on Tennessee ancestors. Her experience includes military research in Revolutionary War, War of 1812 and Civil War records. Confederate records are her specialty. She has researched extensively at the Tennessee State Library and Archives and also has experience at the Library of Virginia. She is an employee of FamilySearch, helping patrons with their research, populating the Research Wiki and administrating for FamilySearch Facebook.
Lisa teaches patron classes at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, and most recently taught at the 2013 National Genealogical Society Family History Conference. She currently serves as the ICAPGen Correspondence Secretary.
Most of her own ancestors came directly from England to the Midwest United States. In addition she has a New England Mayflower line, a Pennsylvania Dutch line, and a line of English South Africans. She is actively involved as a FamilySearch indexer, and as a contributor the the FamilySearch Wiki. She and her husband have a large family with 8 children, their spouses, and 16 grandchildren. She teaches piano, and enjoys travel, gardening, and healthy cooking.
- Bachelors: General Studies, Business Management Emphasis (2002)
- Brigham Young University
- Family History Certificate (2006)
- Brigham Young University
Accredited as a professional genealogist in Mid-South States.
ICAPGEN, Salt Lake City, UT
- US/Canada Research Consultant, Family History Library: November 2010-present
- US/Canada Temporary Research Consultant, Family History Library: April 2007-October 2010
- Family History Instructor, Layton, Utah, Kayscreek Family History Center: 2006-present
- Private Client Research: 2006-present
- FamilySearch Wiki mentor and State Project page coordinator, US and Canada
- UGA Conference Committee: 2007-2009
- ICAPGen Correspondence Secretary 2012-
- Admin for the Facebook West Virginia and Canada Genealogy Research Communities
Lecturer and Presenter at the following locations:
- National Genealogical Society Family History Conference: 2013, Las Vegas
- Family History Library, Salt Lake City 2011–present
- Ogden Regional Family History Conference: 2009, 2013
- Layton Kayscreek Stake: 2006-present
- Mexican Border Crossings
- U.S. Immigration 1820-1950
- Canadian Immigration Records
- Organizing Your Files
- Using Online Resources
- Basic U.S. Research
- Introduction to FamilySearch Indexing
- Introduction to U.S. Census Records
- Lucinda Elam: a Mid-Tennessee Case Study 1836–1903
- Deep in the Heart of Texas: Molly Gibson Case Study 1841–1910
- Family History Library Favorites
- Basic Canadian Research
- Border Crossings: Canada and Mexico
- Finding Your Ancestors in the South when Vital Records are Missing
Cheatham County Tennessee Historical and Genealogical Association Ashland City, TN
Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society Nashville, TN
National Genealogical Society Arlington, VA
Northern Gila County Genealogical Society Payson, AZ
Robertson County Tennessee Historical Society Springfield, TN
Utah Genealogical Association, Salt Lake City, UT
Wiki Project Pages
WikiProject Ohio Team lead
- This page was last modified on 24 January 2014, at 20:13.
- This page has been accessed 2,230 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki