User:MerrimanRLEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ruth is the manager of the International Research Consultation Unit in the Family History Library. She has worked for the Family History Department for over 30 years with time off now and then to raise a family. She cataloged books and microfilms for the U.S., Italy, France, England and Wales for many years before moving to the Library. Ruth has done Italian genealogical research for 30 years – she loves it and considers it a terminal affliction.
- Bachelor of Arts: English, BYU (1973)
- Minor: Geography
- Master of Library Science, BYU (1974)
- Accredited Genealogist® in Italy: 2003-present International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen, http://icapgen.com).
- FamilySearch Indexing (Italian records)
- Family History Consultant
- International Research Consultation Manager, 2008-present
- International Research Consultation, Italian specialist 2007-2009
- International Cataloger 1977-1980, 1982-1983, 1985-2007
- Children’s Librarian, Coronado, CA 1980-1982
- Children’s Librarian, Colton, CA 1974-1976
- ICAPGen, commissioner
- POINT, the American Network of Italian Genealogy (Pursuing Our Italian Names Together, http://point-pointers.net )
- The Abruzzo and Molise Heritage Society of Washington D.C. Area (http://www.abruzzomoliseheritagesociety.org )
- NIAF (National Italian American Foundation, www.niaf.org )
Lecturer and Presenter
- IAGI (Istituto Araldico Genealogico Italiano), Bologna, Italy
- BYU Annual Conference on Family History and Genealogy
- ICAPGen National Conference
- Family History Expos in St. Geroge, Ogden and Logan, Utah
- South Davis Family History Fair
- Family History Library
- POINTers National Conference
- POINTers, the American Journal of Italian Genealogy (articles appear in each issue)
- AMHS NOTIZIARIO, The Official Newsletter of the Abruzzo and Molise Heritage Societyof the Washington DC Area
- Interviewed for The Ambassador, publication of the NIAF
- This page was last modified on 7 February 2013, at 21:57.
- This page has been accessed 261 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback