User:National Institute sandbox -10bEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The original content for this article was contributed by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies in June 2012. It is an excerpt from their course Research: Manitoba Ancestors by Laura Hanowski. The Institute offers over 200 comprehensive genealogy courses for a fee ($).
Archdiocese of Keewatin-LePas
- Fortier, Alfred and Yvette Gaudet. Mariages de Le Pas (Manitoba). 1911- 1983. Saint-Boniface, Manitoba: Société de Saint-Boniface, 1985.
Archdiocese of Winnipeg
The Archdiocese of Winnipeg has an archive section with guidelines about searching Catholic roots along with a sacramental record release form. Note the fee.
- Jonasson, Eric. “The Roman Catholic Church in Manitoba and the West.” Generations: The Journal of the Manitoba Genealogical Society 1 (Spring 1976).
Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church
The website has the addresses for eleven Ukrainian Orthodox churches in Manitoba.
United Church of Canada
Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario Conference Archives
Rare Book Room
University of Winnipeg Library
515 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2E9
Telephone: (204) 783-0708
The archive holds records of Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational churches within the region prior to 1925, and of the United Church of Canada after 1925.
- Butcher, Dennis L. et al. Prairie Spirit: Perspectives on the Heritage of The United Church of Canada in the West. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 1985. Includes A Guide to the United Church Archives, Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario,. by Catherine MacDonald, pp. 333-342.
- Guide to Family History Research in the Archival Repositories of the United Church of Canada. Toronto: The Ontario Genealogical Society, 1996.
- Individual Charge Indexes to United Church Archives Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario Conference: Baptisms, Marriages and Burials. 2 volumes. (43 rural and Winnipeg charges), Winnipeg: Manitoba Genealogical Society, 1996-2000.
Information in this Wiki page is excerpted from the online course Research: Manitoba Ancestors offered by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies. To learn more about this course or other courses available from the Institute, see our website. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome updates and additions to this Wiki page.
- This page was last modified on 5 April 2013, at 00:08.
- This page has been accessed 338 times.