User:National Institute sandbox 15bCEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The original content for this article was contributed by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies in June 2012. It is an excerpt from their course Research: Alberta Ancestors by Arlene Borgstede. The Institute offers over 200 comprehensive genealogy courses for a fee ($).
Southwestern Alberta Genealogical Library (Lethbridge Branch)
- Southwestern Alberta Genealogical Library (Lethbridge Branch)
Room 128, 909 - 3rd Avenue
Lethbridge, Alberta T1H 0H5
Telephone: (403) 328-9564
Publication: Yesterday’s Footprints
A non-lending library operated by volunteers of the Lethbridge and District Branch of the Alberta Genealogical Society.
Services and Resources
- microfilm and microfiche readers
- newsletters from other branches and some Canadian societies
- vital records application forms for all provinces and territories
- Family Registry (microfiche) from FamilySearch Center
- some local histories
Medicine Hat and District Branch
- Medicine Hat and District Branch
Multi-Cultural Folk Arts Centre
533 - 1st Street South East
Medicine Hat, Alberta
P.O. Box 971
Medicine Hat, Alberta T1A 7G8
Medicine Hat Branch Library has a small collection of books, especially of the local area, which are not held by the public library. They are currently indexing obituaries from the Medicine Hat News, which cover many years. The Branch has also purchased Ontario Vital Statistics Index microfilm which are kept at the Medicine Hat Public Library
Publication: Saamia Seeker
Red Deer Genealogy Library
- Red Deer Museum
4525 - 47A Avenue
Red Deer, Alberta
Telephone: (403) 227-2646
P.O. Box 922
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 5H3
The library can also be accessed during regular evening museum hours upon request.
Publication: The Tree Climber
- reference books
- maps and gazetteers
- Alberta and local histories
- Alberta cemetery recordings & indexes
- telephone books
- eastern Canadian indexes
- magazines and periodicals
- “how-to” books
- local histories
Areas of Interest
- British Isles
Information in this Wiki page is excerpted from the online course Research: Alberta Ancestors offered by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies. To learn more about this course or other courses available from the Institute, see our website. We can be contacted at email@example.com
We welcome updates and additions to this Wiki page.
- This page was last modified on 25 September 2014, at 16:39.
- This page has been accessed 474 times.