User:National Institute sandbox 18aEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The original content for this article was contributed by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies in June 2012. It is an excerpt from their course Canadian:Immigration Records by Patricia McGregor, PLCGS. The Institute offers over 200 comprehensive genealogy courses for a fee ($).
Bibliography and Suggested Reading
- Akenson, Donald Harman. The Irish in Ontario - A Study in Rural History. Montreal: McGill-Queen’s University Press, second edition, 1999.
- Bell, Winthrop Picard.The “Foreign Protestants” and the Settlement of Nova Scotia - The History of a Piece of Arrested British Colonial Policy in the Eighteenth Century. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1981.
- Bunnell, Paul A.G, U.E. The New Loyalist Index. Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1989.
- Bunnell, Paul A.G, U.E.The New Loyalist Index, vol. II. Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1996.
- Bunnell, Paul A.G, U.E. The New Loyalist Index, vol. III. Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1998.
- Cameron, Wendy and Mary McDougall Maude. Assisting Emigration to Upper Canada, The Petworth Project 1832-1837. McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2000.
- Campey, Lucille.The Silver Chief, Lord Selkirk and the Scottish Pioneers of Belfast, Baldoon and Red River. Toronto: Natural Heritage Books, 2003.
- Campey, Lucille.After the Hector - The Scottish Pioneers of Nova Scotia and Cape Breton, 1773-1852. Toronto: Natural Heritage Books, 2004.
- Campey, Lucille.The Scottish Pioneers of Upper Canada, 1784-1855: Glengarry and Beyond. Toronto: Natural Heritage Books, 2005.
- Choquette, Robert. Ontario - An Informal History of the Land and Its People. Ontario: Ministry of Education, 1984.
- Choyce, Lesley.Nova Scotia, Shaped By the Sea. Toronto: Penguin Books, 1997.
- Coleman, Thelma. The Canada Company. Stratford: County of Perth and Cummings Publishers, 1978.
- Craig, Gerald M.Upper Canada - The Formative Years 1784-1841. Toronto: McClelland and Stewart, 1963, reprinted 1972.
- Elliott, Bruce S. Irish Migrants in the Canadas. Kingston: McGill-Queen’s University Press, 1988.
- England, Robert.The Colonization of Western Canada, A Study of Contemporary Land Settlement. London: P.S. King & Son Ltd., 1936.
- Francis, R. Douglas, Richard Jones & Donald B. Smith.Destinies, Canadian History Since Confederation, Third Edition. Toronto: Harcourt Brace & Company, Canada, 1996.
- Friesen, Gerald.The Canadian Prairies, A History. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1984.
- Fryer, Mary Beacock.King’s Men - The Soldier Founders of Ontario. Toronto: Dundurn Press, 1980.
- Glazebrook, G.P.D.E.T.Life in Ontario - A Social History. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1968, reprinted 1971.
- Grant, John N. The Maroons in Nova Scotia. Halifax: Formac Publishing Company, 2002.
- Gray, John Morgan.Lord Selkirk of Red River. Toronto: MacMillan Company of Canada, 1963.
- Guillett, Edwin.Pioneer Settlements in Upper Canada. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, Toronto, 1933, reprinted 1974.
- Kennedy, Patricia Louise. The Loyalists, Their Baggage and their Baggage Handlers in “None Was Ever Better...” The Loyalist Settlement of Ontario. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Ontario Historical Society, Cornwall, June 1984. Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Historical Society, 1984.
- Knowles, Valerie.Strangers at Our Gates, Canadian Immigration and Immigration Policy 1540-1990. Toronto: Dundurn Press, 1992.
- Kyte, Elinor Sr.The Loyalists in Cornwall 1784-1984 in “None Was Ever Better...” The Loyalist Settlement of Ontario. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Ontario Historical Society, Cornwall, June 1984. Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Historical Society, 1984.
- LaBranche, Bill. The Peter Robinson Settlement of 1825, The Story of Irish Immigration to the City and County of Peterborough, Ontario. Official Homecoming ’75 Souvenir Booklet.
- Lamond, Robert. A Narrative of the Rise & Progress of Emigration from the Counties of Lanark & Renfrew to the New Settlements in Upper Canada on Government Grant. Glasgow, 1821. Ottawa: Canadian Heritage Publications, 1978.
- Little, J.I.Nationalism, Capitalism and Colonization in Nineteenth-Century Quebec - The Upper St Francis District. Kingston: McGill-Queen’s University Press, 1989.
- Little, Robert. The Canada Company and the Huron Tract, 1826-1953 - Personalities, Profits and Politics. Natural Heritage Books, 2004.
- Lizars, Robina and Kathleen.In the Days of the Canada Company: The Story of Settlement of the Huron Tract and a View of the Social Life of the Period 1825-1850. Originally published in 1896 by William Briggs, Toronto. Belleville: Mika Publishing, facsimile edition 1973.
- MacKinnon, Kenneth. “Scottish Immigration to Prince Edward Island, An Informal Overview”,Abegweit Review. vol. 9, #1, Dec. 1997. Charlottetown, The Friends of St. Andrew’s Press, 1997.
- MacNutt, W.S.New Brunswick - A History: 1784-1867. Toronto: MacMillan Co. of Canada, 1984.
- Magee, Joan. Loyalist Mosaic: A Multi-ethnic Heritage. Toronto: Dundurn Press, 1984.
- McLean, Marianne.The People of Glengarry, Highlanders in Transition, 1745-1820. Montreal: McGill-Queen’s University Press, 1991.
- Robertson, Heather.Salt of the Earth, The Story of Homesteaders in Western Canada. Toronto: James Lorimer & Company, 1974.
- Savagge, Shirley.“No Better Land” Land Settlement in Augusta Township, Grenville County 1784-1820 in “None Was Ever Better....” The Loyalist Settlement of Ontario. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Ontario Historical Society, Cornwall, June 1984. Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Historical Society, 1984.
- Stewart, Walter.True Blue - The Loyalist Legend. Toronto: Collins Publishers, 1985.
- Thompson, Elizabeth, ed.The Emigrant’s Guide to North America by Robert MacDougall. Toronto: Natural Heritage Books, 1988.
- Wade, Mason. The French Canadians 1760-1945. Toronto: MacMillan Co., 1955.
- Wilson, Alan. The Clergy Reserves of Upper Canada. Canadian Historical Association: Historical Booklet No. 23. Ottawa: Leclerc Printers Ltd., 1969.
- Wise, S.F., D. Carter-Edwards, J. Witham, eds. “None Was Ever Better...” The Loyalist Settlement of Ontario. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Ontario Historical Society, Cornwall, June 1984. Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Historical Society, 1984.
- Young, Dr. J. Christopher, compiler.Register of the Foreign Protestants of Nova Scotia (ca. 1749-1770) in two volumes by Winthrop Picard Bell. Mount Allison University, 2003.
Information in this Wiki page is excerpted from the online course Canadian: Immigration Records offered by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies. To learn more about this course or other courses available from the Institute, see our website. We can be contacted at email@example.com
We welcome updates and additions to this Wiki page.
- This page was last modified on 26 April 2013, at 15:32.
- This page has been accessed 374 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More