User:National Institute sandbox 21bCEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The original content for this article was contributed by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies in June 2012. It is an excerpt from their course Research: Alberta Ancestors by Arlene Borgstede. The Institute offers over 200 comprehensive genealogy courses for a fee ($).
FamilySearch Centers (Continued)
Lethbridge FamilySearch Center
- Lethbridge FamilySearch Center
1912 10th Ave South Lethbridge,
Alberta T1K 0B7
Telephone: (403) 328-0206
The Lethbridge FamilySearch Center has an extensive collection of resources which are available free to the public. These resources, which are added to on a continual basis, can be found on microfilm, microfiche, computer, and books. They include the following:
- Social Security Death Index
- Family History Library Catalogue™
- Books and Gazetteers
- Maps and Atlas
- Accelerated Indexing Systems
- Daughters of the Utah Pioneers
1. Victoria, Australia microfiche Index
- birth, marriages, deaths (1853-1895)
- early church records (1828-1844)
- index to early church birth, marriage and deaths (1853-1895) Victoria, Australia
2. England and Wales
- 1. births, marriages, deaths microfiche Indexes
- births 1837-1926 (more to come)
- marriages 1837-1928 (more to come)
- deaths 1837-1933 (more to come)
- 2. Boyd’s Marriage Index 1538-1837 (7 microfilms)
- 3. English probate indexes
- 4. 1891 census with Channel Islands, Isle of Man
- 5. 1881 census with Scotland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man
- 6. 1851 census index for Warwickshire, Devon, Norfolk
- 7. 1841-1881 census street index
- 8. Calendar of Wills 1858-1876
- 9. marriage license index (Vicar Gen.) 1660-1921
- 10. marriage license index (Faculty Office) 1632-1955
- 11. Society of Friends, Channel Islands
- civil registry microfiche Index
- births, marriages, deaths (1855-1955, 1955-56)
- Parochial Registry for Scotland
- Scotland Church Records
- births, marriages, deaths index (1855-1959) (microfilm)
- Irish Marriage License index 1623-1866 (microfilm)
- Householders index (microfilm)
- Irish passenger lists 1847-1871 (book)
- Irish landowners 1876 (book)
- index to passenger lists of ships into Halifax and Québec 1865-1900
- index Upper Canada Marriage Bonds (film) 1803-1845 (pa-z)
- Soundex Border Crossings— microfilms of border crossing records from Canada into the U.S. 1895-1954
- Federal Census for all Provinces in Canada (1851-1901)
1. microfilm of certificates and indexesmarriages 2. marriages 1873-1913 (part of)
- marriage bonds 1803 - 1845, 1865 (microfilm)
- marriage index 1873-1912
- some early marriage records 1801-1848 (microfilm)
- County Marriage Registry 1858-1869 - book
- births 1869-1899
- birth indexes 1869-1922
- delayed registration of births 1860-1899
- deaths (registers & index) 1869-1924
- several 1800s county maps with histories of people
5. land records index on microfilm
6. 1871 census index—books
7. some cemetery transcriptions on microfilm
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery, Huron Co.
- St. Ambrose Roman Catholic Cemetery, Huron Co.
- Abandoned Presbyterian Cemetery, Wroxeter, Ontario
- Anglican Cemetery Howick Twp.
- Hayden Methodist Cemetery, Howick Twp.
- Baptist Abandoned Pioneer Cemetery, Howick Twp.
- Abandoned Old Hunter Cemetery, Howick Twp.
- Church of the Annunciation Cemetery, Frontenac, Ontario
8. Lanark Co. probate Records 1871-1902 (film)
9. Ontario Surrogate Court 1837-1902 and 1848-1968
7. Nova Scotia
- county histories
- Nova Scotia Immigrants to 1867-book
8. New Brunswick
Vital Statistics form New Brunswick Newspapers 1784-1878, —books
- Recueil de Généalogies—Gazetteer
- Beauce-Dorchester-Frontenac 1625-1946 (11 Volumes)
- Généalogies-Montmagny, L’Islet, Bellechasse (16 Volumes)
- Tanguay’s Dictionnaire Généalogique (109 Fiche)
- Loiselle Index to Québec Marriages (11 films)
- 1881 Census for Lotbinière Co., Montréal City, Argenteuil Co., Pontiac Co.
- 1891 census Argenteuil District, Yamaska District
- Accelerated Index System (searches 1-7A) Microfiche
- surname index of tax lists and census records for the U.S.
- Social Security Death Index—On FamilySearch passenger and immigration lists Index (15 Volumes)
- numerous films, reference books and books for various states
- Hamburg Germany Passenger list Index 1855-1934
- gazetteer for Prussia (13 Volumes)
- large divisional maps of Poland
- 30 general reference books for Germany
- Parish Record Grassard Co., Sweden
- farm names of Norway
- parish register Jerichow, Sachsen, Germany
12. LDS Records
- Alberta Ward Records
- Crossing the Ocean Index 1840-1925
- 1966 Series 4 Generation Sheets
- LDS Census 1914-1920, 1925, 1930, 1935
- LDS Immigration from England 1875-1913
- Church Memberships 1830-1848 (95 Fiche)
- archive records—Family Group Sheets on Microfiche
- history of the Church on Microfiche
- some Utah Ward Records
- some English Branch Records
- Mormon Pioneers Crossing the Plains
Books and Gazetteers
- an extensive collection of resource books and local history books
- Parish Registry books of England (also found on some films in the library)
- a large number of general reference books:
- England: British Isles general reference, counties of England, Ireland, Scotland
- Canada: general reference, Alberta, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Québec, as well as many other books for other provinces
- general genealogy reference books
- general reference books for all countries of the world including one on Jewish research
- LDS reference books
- general reference books for U.S.A. and Native Races
- reference books on Germany
- Genealogical Research Directories 1885-1996
- Southern Alberta history books
Maps and Atlases
- an excellent collection of maps for most countries of the world, including Ireland, England, Europe, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Denmark Sweden, Netherlands, Iceland and Norway
- 14 maps of Germany
- English Shire maps
- Scotland Shire maps
- Registration and Census district maps of England
- 17 Ordnance Survey Maps—U.K.
- 62 maps of England, Wales and Scotland
- Atlas of States in U.S.
- Historical Atlas for Canada, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and numerous counties of Ontario
- a large collection of films for Scotland particularly Aberdeen County. There are a total of 1,117 films for all of Scotland (including Aberdeen) which include marriage, birth, death, census and baptism records. Parish Registers and histories are also on film.
- films on each county of England may contain census records, Parish Registers marriages, birth, death, records, wills, etc.
- films for almost every country of the world including: Ireland, Wales, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia,
- South Africa, Sweden, every state in the U.S.A., Switzerland, Ukraine, Mexico, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, every province in Canada, Asia and of course England and Scotland.
These films could include marriage, birth, death, census records and much more
Besides part of the major collection of resources on microfiche, there is also:
- the most used 200 reference books
- IGI for England, Wales, Europe, Mexico, South America, South West Pacific, Asia, Africa, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, U.S.A. and Canada
- Accelerated Indexing System (searches 1-7A)
- Ontario Land Records
- England and Wales index—marriages and deaths for 1804 and births 1807
- Victoria Australia Index—births, deaths and marriages 1853-1895 early church records
- 1891 census for England, Wales, Channel Islands, Island of Man
- Parish Listing and Vital Records
- Family Registry (See under Family Registry)
A microfiche file consisting of:
- a registry of names that people are working on
- their addresses or means of contacting them
- registry of family organizations or people wanting to start a family organization
Daughters of the Utah Pioneers
The Lethbridge FamilySearch Center has a large collection of books, biographies and histories regarding the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers. There are many descendants of the Utah Pioneers living in Southern Alberta. Some of the information regarding the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers has been written by these descendants and is contained in the following books and biographies.
- Chronicles of Courage Volumes 1, 2, 3, 5
- An Enduring Legac- Volumes 1-12
- Our Pioneer Heritage—Volumes 18, 19
- numerous biographies and Town Histories
The FamilySearch Center has 10 film readers and six microfiche readers.
Information in this Wiki page is excerpted from the online course Research: Alberta Ancestors offered by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies. To learn more about this course or other courses available from the Institute, see our website. We can be contacted at email@example.com
We welcome updates and additions to this Wiki page.
- This page was last modified on 8 July 2013, at 20:23.
- This page has been accessed 459 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki