User:RaymondRSEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Robert is a popular speaker and writer. His blog (authored pseudonymously) has won many awards and recognitions and is consistently ranked among the top ten genealogical blogs. He is the author of an acclaimed family history website where he has published hundreds of digitized genealogical records and personal histories, written numerous articles, and created several maps. Before FamilySearch, Robert worked at Ancestry.com and before that was vice president of an award winning technology company.
Robert is a genealogy technologist with more than 40 years experience in genealogy and 30 years in technology. Robert holds over a dozen technology patents and earned a masters degree in electrical (computer) engineering from Brigham Young University where he was honored as a Kimball Scholar. He is a volunteer at a FamilySearch Family History Center where he can be found in the trenches every Wednesday night.
- Doing Research in Real Time-An Exhilarating Collaboration Experience!
- Blog Your Way to Genealogical Success
- How Mature are You (Genealogically)?
- Understanding Mills Citation Guides
- Serendipity in Genealogy
- Blogger Summit 2: Son of Blogger
- Citations Made Easy
- The Interoperable Citation Exchange (ICE) Initiative
- The Genealogy Game Show
- Visiting the National Archives
- The Rollout of New FamilySearch
- Using Footnote.com in a Family History Center
- Creating a Family History Website
- WorldConnect Tree
- Cleve and Anita Raymond Progenitors
- Cleve & Anita Raymond Family Tree
- Non-connected Raymonds
- Bristol Vermont Stereoview Photographers
- Nuclear Physicists
- NGS 2010 Syllabus F308
- NGS2010 Syllabus Template
- Mills Style Citations
- Family Group Records Collection
- Fraudulent Genealogies
- Canadian Censuses Online
- Converting Old FHL Film Numbers to Current Numbers/Old film numbers
- Hampshire County, Massachusetts
- Latin Genealogical Word List
- Massachusetts Archives and Libraries
- Massachusetts History
- Michigan Periodicals
- Old microfilm number conversion
- Wisconsin Census
- (Recent Contributions)
Robert anonymously writes a popular genealogy blog. Recognitions include:
- Family Tree Magazine 40 Best Genealogy Blogs
- ProGenealogists 25 Most Popular Genealogy Blogs
- Family Tree Magazine 10 Best Cutting-edge Web Sites (101 Best Web Sites, 2009)
- The Janice Brown Puckerbrush Blog Award for Excellence
- Family Tree Magazine 101 Best Web Sites, 2008
- Kreativ Blogger from Randy Seaver
- Genea-Speak for excellence in writing, speaking, and the promoting of good genealogical practices, from DearMYRTLE.
November 2002 – July 2008: Sr. Manager of Content Strategy and Analysis
Web analytics, data warehouse, Omniture implementation engineer: Ancestry.com, RootsWeb.com, Genealogy.com and MyFamily.com.
2001 – 2003: Genealogy professional, web development, digital imaging, intellectual property
1993 – 2001: Vice President
Company growth from $0 to $65 million, culminating in sell of company to Symantec. Grew team size from four to 100 consisting of software engineering, project management, quality control, localization and documentation. Managed R & D portion of P & L statement. Architected PartitionMagic.
1983 – 1993: Sr. Software Engineer.
Created compilers, interpreters, and device drivers.for UNIX, X-Windows, VMS, DOS, and Windows.
Brigham Young University
1987: MS, Electrical Engineering (Computer)
1985: BS, Electrical Engineering (Computer)
Activities and Societies: Spencer W. Kimball Scholar, Eta Kappa Nu Electrical Engineering Honor Society (treasurer), Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society.
- This page was last modified on 15 April 2011, at 21:32.
- This page has been accessed 2,958 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki