User:RitcheyMT/Community Center design 1Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
[These are the top things we want the community to notice when they arrive. Each of these items will be set off with an image that metaphorically represents the item.]
- Give Back -- Learn to edit wiki pages. Then find writing projects and support projects that need help. [Add top-requested areas link.] [Image: hands holding seedling?]
- Meet and Talk -- Ask questions, give advice, and discuss ideas via meetings and forums.[Image: hands shaking, people talking, ?.]
- See What's New -- Read the latest at the Community News Stand or see a summary of current discussions.[Image: newspaper?]
- Thank Others -- Recognize others for their contributions to the wiki and other community ventures.[Image: trophy, blue ribbon, ?.]
- Share Successes -- Share stories about when the wiki helped you find an ancestor. [Image: ?]
Community Leaders of the Month
[This is a strawman of types of contributors we could recognize.]
- Scribes (Quality award winners: bronze, silver, gold awards for articles that achieve defined quality standards). [Image: trophy or blue ribbon.]
- Heavy Lifter (Top wiki contributor by character volume.)
- Mole Whacker (top wiki contributor by number of edits.) [Image: muscle flex.]
- Pony Express Rider (for highest number of forum posts).
- Catalyst (by number of registered wiki users that have the recruiter's "contributors recruited or trained by Joe Shmoe" category on their user page).
- Barn Raisers (For most active project team measured by edit volume in characters on pages that have a specific project category on them): Texas WikiProject Team
- This page was last modified on 28 March 2012, at 21:51.
- This page has been accessed 556 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More