User:TurnerLCEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Lynn Turner graduated with a BA in Family History and Genealogy from Brigham Young University with an emphasis in Spain and Latin American. Lynn is a Collection Management Record Specialist for FamilySearch International where he defines FamilySearch Indexing projects, online browse collections, and prioritizes the acquisition of new record collections for Hispanic countries. He is an accredited genealogist through ICAPGen in Spain research, and is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists. Learn more about Lynn and Hispanic genealogy by visiting his blog at: http://hispanicgenealogy.blogspot.com.
- Brigham Young University ~ Provo, Utah, B.A., Family History and Genealogy (2004)
- Emphasis: Southern European & Latin American Family History
- Internship: International Archival Research, Spain (2004)
- Main responsibilities included: onsite research in national, diocesan, municipal, notarial, parish, and other public and private archives. Identify and acquire through Spanish emigration records for the BYU Immigrant Ancestors Project.
- Internship: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Family and Church History Department (2004)
- Main responsibilities included: coordinating with Phase II project management, creating and presenting weekly presentations on various genealogical topics, and a bug troubleshooter for the ScanStone project.
- Internship: Myfamily.com (www.ancestry.com) (2003)
- Main responsibilities: coordinated and worked on ancestry.com’s acquisitions team identifying U.S. yearbook and Military record collections
Accredited in Spain - International Commission for the Accrediatation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGenSM)
Family History Library
- Collection Manager: 2009-Present
- Collection Management International Team Supervisor (2008-2009)
- Records Specialist for South America, Spain, and Portugal (2007-present)
- International Reference Consultant, Research Support (2004-2007)
Brigham Young University
- Part-Time Faculty (2007-2009
- Utah Valley Family History Center Librarian (2002-2004)
- Taught University Course on Hispanic Family History
Private Client Research
- ICAPGen Genealogical Conference:becoming an excellent genealogist (2009)
- Salt Lake Institute (2009)
- 2nd Annual Genealogy Fair, Nova Southeastern Unviersity (2009)
- BYU Computerized Family History and Genealogh Conference (2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004)
- South Davis Regional Family History Fair (2008)
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) (2008)
- Seminario Internacional – Implementación de tecnología avanzada en los archivos (2007)
- Nosotros Los Tejanos Hispanic Genealogy Conference (2007)
- St. George, Utah Family History and Genealogy Jamboree (2007, 2006)
- Conferencia Hispana de Historia Familiar(2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003)
- Latin America Family History Support Workshop (2006)
- Family History Conference (2004)
- Annual Spain Research Trip (2007-2009)
- Immigrant Ancestors Project, Spain (2004)
- Latin American and Spanish Records (2002-2010)
- United States Genealogical Research (2002-2010)
- This page was last modified on 15 April 2010, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 940 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki