User group meeting & agenda 22 October 2008Edit This Page

From FamilySearch Wiki

Contents

Proposing ideas for this agenda

To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.

Agenda

Administrative items

  1. Assignment of time keeper and note taker
  2. Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
  3. Prayer --
  4. Review of Minutes
  5. Today's agenda preview

Information items

Discussion items

Carryover from Last Week

New Items

  • Change the date for the meetings to Thursdays (same time)?
Only two responded in this talk page. How many saw this? Unless someone is watching it, they will not see it. Thomas Lerman 06:24, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
  • Broken links to external pages
  • 'Printable Version' does not work properly in new skin scheme
  • WikiText problem?
  • Watchlist notification is BROKE

Minutes

Facilitator was Michael Ritchey, Note taker was Jimmy B. Parker.

Prayer by [Add name here]

As of this afternoon, there are now 5,069 registered users of the FamilySearch Wiki.  That is an increase of 98 registered users over the previous week's total.  Additionally, the number of registered users hit the 5,000 mark sometime late Friday or early Saturday last week.

Attendees

David Samuelson, Sister Felsted, Ann Roach, Jimmy Parker, Jim Anderson, Michael Ritchey, Barbara Baker,  Diane Loosle, Mollie Forbes, Fran Jensen, David Dilts, David Crowther , Don Stringham

Remote Attendees

(Anne Roach), Francisco, Debbie Edward, Lise Embley

Items Discussed

  • David Dilts gave an update on the planning for the Maryland barn-raising. Some things have been discussed regarding ideal pages for topics and for counties, but they have not been finalized. For information about the barn-raising, search for "Sandbox 17" in the Wiki.  The planned ending date for the first phase of this project will be the 20th of November.  Diane Loosle has volunteered to write up an introduction to the project.  Invitations will be sent out to users through the Wiki.  A blog could be written by the coordinator of the barn-raising, giving a day-by-day account of the progress of the barn-raising.
  • David Crowther demonstrated some of the changes made in the view of the skin for the Wiki and new features there. Other changes in the works were also demonstrated.
  • There is a problem with moving from WikiText to FCK Editor. It is a JavaScript error, "Permission Denied." David Crowther and Don Stringham will work  on solving the problem.
  • A change of day and time of meeting from Wednesday to Thursday at the same time and place was discussed. Thursday appears to be out. We will meet at the same time on Wednesday next week. Then an announcement will be made next week about proposed changes.

Action Items


 

Need additional research help? Contact our research help specialists.

Need wiki, indexing, or website help? Contact our product teams.


Did you find this article helpful?

You're invited to explain your rating on the discussion page (you must be signed in).

  • This page was last modified on 22 April 2010, at 10:04.
  • This page has been accessed 912 times.