User group meeting & agenda 5 November 2008Edit This Page

From FamilySearch Wiki

Contents

Proposing ideas for this agenda

To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.

Agenda

Administrative items

  1. Assignment of time keeper and note taker
  2. Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
  3. Prayer --
  4. Review of Minutes
  5. Today's agenda preview

Information items

  1. Symantec MediaWiki.
  2. David Samuelson presented a problem regarding brackets. This is a conflict between Media Wiki and .html standards.

Discussion items

Carryover from Last Week

New Items

  1. Bracket problem in FamilySearch Catalog url, recognized differently by Firefox browser.  David Samuelsen
  2. How to contact an administrator. Ritcheymt  Should this type of contact be done by telephone, chat, or some other means of communication?

Minutes

Facilitator was Michael Ritchey, Note taker was Jimmy B. Parker, Time keeper was [Add name here].

Prayer by

This week, there are now 5,294 registered users of the FamilySearch Wiki.  That is an increase of 106 new registered users over the last week.

Attendees

James Anderson, Michael Ritchey, Jimmy Parker, Sister Felsted, Susan Guthrie, David Dilts, David Samuelsen

Remote Attendees

Anne Roach, (Michael), Thomas Lerman, Debbie Edward, Mollie, Fran, Gary Turner

Items Discussed

  1. Michael discussed a new product called Semantic Media Wiki which will enhance the ability to search on our pages and to add tags which will make the searching better.
  2. There is a problem with brackets in FamilySearch Catalog url, recognized differently by Firefox browser. David Samuelsen demonstrated the problem. The problem is also present on Internet Explorer.
  3. How to contact an administrator. Ritcheymt  Should this type of contact be done by telephone, chat, or some other means of communication?  The possibility of using Skype was also discussed. Michael will take some steps to make it easier to reach him or other administrators. Fran Jensen has added some additional information in the "How to Contact an Administrator" area of the help pages.
  4. The barn raising for Maryland has been delayed due to the reorganization at the Family History Library and to the addition of Semantic Media Wiki, which will help with that project.
  5. Next week's User Group meeting and the meetings for the remainder of the year will be held on Tuesdays from 2-3 p.m. in the 5th Floor Meeting area.

Action Items

  1. Toggling between FCK Editor and Wikitext needs to be fixed.
  2. Drop down menus for internal links need to be fixed.

 

Need additional research help? Contact our research help specialists.

Need wiki, indexing, or website help? Contact our product teams.


Did you find this article helpful?

You're invited to explain your rating on the discussion page (you must be signed in).

  • This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:36.
  • This page has been accessed 793 times.