User group meeting agenda & minutes 16 July 2008Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Proposing ideas for this agenda
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Prayer --
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
- Tidy Error -- Jimmy Parker - The Tidy error has been fixed. When using the FCKeditor pages will no longer have the Tidy error attached to the text. All articles that already had the error may still need cleaning manually.
- Update on image approval process -- Jimmy Parker - As of this morning the problem experienced for the approval process has been identified and resolved. Everyone is encouraged to try it by sending in an image for approval. Users in the meeting reported that the instructions for uploading a file for approval are confusing.
- Stability of Wiki -- Kip Enger - Jimmy said that he called Kip about the stability and was told that stability problems have not been reported. One user reported that a problem was experienced on Monday. The user said it appeared the site had gone offline or down at the time. Others reported that all formatting of a page has been lost several times in a row while working on a page. Mollie asked them to call her the next time it happens. Another stability problem was reported: When using the Wiki, either editing pages and/or browsing, clicking the browser back button often logs the user out of the Wiki. Don Stringham suggested to click on the refresh button in the browser. He also acknowledged this was a usability problem. The user who reported the problem in the meeting will use the feedback option and formally report the problem.
Carryover from Last Week
Report on tab titles on articles (Thomas Lerman)
Advanced Search -- Thomas Lerman
Inviting users to attend the Users Group Meeting remotely and making them feel more a part of the experience. -- Thomas Lerman
The importance of Watch lists was briefly discussed. Suggested that this topic be added to a future agenda item.
Facilitator was Jimmy Parker, Note taker was Fran Jensen, Time keeper was Mollie Forbes.
Prayer by [Add name here]
Total registered wiki users as of the start of this week's meeting, 3,228, a net increase of 117 over last week.
Joan Healey, Barbara Baker, Jimmy Parker, Mollie Forbes, Carol Smith, Charlene Pipkin, Vicki Standing, James Anderson, Geoff Morris, Fran Jensen, David Samuelson, Baerbel Johnson, Charlie Ship, Lynette Ship, Raeone Steuart
Remote Attendees: (Anne Roach), Thomas Lerman, Judy Wolverton, Lise Embley
- This page was last modified on 26 July 2010, at 16:31.
- This page has been accessed 863 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More