User group meeting agenda & minutes 26 Mar 2008Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Proposing ideas for this agenda
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper, note taker, and facilitator
- Introduction of members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Today's agenda preview
- Where we'll look for initial ideas to cover (feedback page and agenda discussion page)
- Where to propose items for next agenda
- Where to go to experiment with the wiki, sandboxes and system test. (Mollie)
- Best practices for naming places (Michael)
- [Country], [State], [County], [City], [Topic]
- Problems: Overly long titles, forcing users to our standards
- If we include the country, we start to pull up too many articles
- If we add a checkbox next to the search box that allows the user to limit the search to category or title or text
- How does Wikipedia handle that? Naming conventions, such as the word 'County.'
- In other countries, many towns are attached to a single name. How do we deal with that?
- Select a jurisdictional chain and time period.
- FHLC could be used as a model, but not a restriction. People will enter the information. Defaults for titles could be used. Selenite
- Collection hyperlinked, etc..
Facilitator was [Add name here], Note taker was [Add name here], Time keeper was [Add name here].
- This page was last modified on 22 April 2010, at 10:05.
- This page has been accessed 643 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More