User group meeting agenda & minutes 3 September 2008Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Proposing ideas for this agenda
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Prayer --
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
- Recorded sessions -- Ann Roach
Carryover from Last Week
- FamilySearch.org/Family History Library Catalog
- Tracking changes to a page -- intro (discussion will be deferred to a later meeting -- JBP)
Facilitator was Jimmy Parker, Note taker was Fran Jensen, Time keeper was [Add name here].
Prayer by Carol Smith
The total number of registered users of the FamilySearch Wiki as of the start of this week's user group meeting was 3,855. That is an increase of 54 registered users over last week.
James Anderson, David Samuelsen, Fran Jensen, Anne Roach, Carol E. Smith, Mollie, Jimmy Parker, Joan Healey, Charlene Pipkin, Wilma Adkins
Technical language in the wiki articles:
- name spaces
- meta information
- alias (name of the wiki installation)
Conclusion: We are turning away our wiki users and contributors by the use of technical language in the wiki how-to articles. Ask ourselves:
- Do I really understand what these articles are telling me to do?
- Are these articles making sense to us?
- Do we need to include more explaination in the "how to" articles?
We have new training items. See Wiki Demonstrations.
Linking to the FHLC:
- It is ok to link to the FHLC
- It is helpful to link to other repositories and WorldCat, keep in mind easy access.
Research Outlines NEED to be updated!
FamilySearch.org: too hard to get to the FHLC.
- This page was last modified on 22 April 2010, at 10:05.
- This page has been accessed 698 times.