User talk:LsgcEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Hey Linda, You have done a lot of work. I like the state census chart. I hope the written direction will stay.
I saw one correction to the chart. But since I'm writing here, I can't see the chart. Hopefully I'll let you know, if not I'll put in the link myself.
Hardestypn 23:00, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
I sent a pleading assistance to S. Cottrell to create Census template like Place template to cover various topics of Census. The articles/topics are exploding. Hopefully he will deliver quickly. dsammy 18:09, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
The records are best served by cross-referenced in probate records as well as in court records section. I read so many guardianship records, and at least over 3/4 of them are always linked to deceased parent(s), or grandparent(s) and special guardians are appointed. In case of DeWitt County, they are inside Wills and Letters books covering the wills, guardianships and letters of administrations, and this is just one example of many counties. Dsammy 02:44, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
I have not worked on DeWitt county. I have tried to put the records that are referenced in the FHLC for both court and probate in both places on the Wiki county pages. Lsgc 03:40, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Even David Dilts felt they should be listed in probate records section, too. You have to remember the cataloguers did not always do complete jobs over the years. There are many entries in FHLC that are quite incomplete. Even the out of date information were found and reported to the cataloguers. Dilts said to use Wiki to flesh out more information as needed. You will find tons of guardianship records within probate files/packets/boxes no matter you try not to. Dsammy 05:14, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- I agree with you Sammy. I will try to make sure that Guardianship records are posted in both Court Records and Probate Records on the county pages I am working on. I have tried to do that with the ones I have already done, but perhaps I missed some. If you see that I missed doing that you are welcome to post those records in the spot I missed. Lsgc 18:14, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for completion of the Census line task quickly! Dsammy 02:07, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
We at the FamilySearch Wiki would like to use this article, Johnson County, Illinois, for a featured article on the Main Page of the Wiki. However, the word "stub" appears at the very top of the page. If you feel there is enough content to give researchers a good place to work from - we need YOU to remove the word "stub" from the article before we can feature it.
Thank you for your consideration.
Bo Gbo17 15:13, 26 September 2011 (UTC)
We at the FamilySearch Wiki would like to use this article,Monroe County, Illinois, for a featured article on the Main Page of the Wiki. However, the word "stub" appears at the very top of the page. If you feel there is enough content to give researchers a good place to work from - we need YOU to remove the word "stub" from the article before we can feature it. I realize I have asked you to do this same thing in Johnson County, but we really need to have this done before we can use them.
Thank you for your consideration.
Bo Gbo17 16:23, 26 September 2011 (UTC)
We found Sandbox NY in the Maintenance-Requested Moves and have moved it to
Search and Replace Anomalies
Will you please make a list of the counties and check them off as you complete them - the state census. https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/SearchAndReplace_Anomalies#Bronx_County.2C_New_York_Anomolies turned up census portion still has title-id. (this page is useful to track down bad FHL links). Dsammy 16:21, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- I relooked at each state census on the NY county pages and only found 2 that still had the title-id in them that I had missed previously - on Bronx county and on Wayne county - and they are now fixed. However - Orange county had no title-id problem, but the census had blown up! I'm not sure why. I fixed it and hope it has no more problems. I don't know why the SearchAndReplace page you listed above had more problems listed for the bad FHLC link than what I found... Maybe it is an outdated Anomalies list that was made before I went through a week ago and fixed that problem? Lsgc 19:36, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for all your great work. Sandbox NY state census chart has been moved to User:Lsgc/Sandbox NY state census chart and added to your user page. Policy asks that we keep sandbox pages out of the main space. I f not wanted please mark with delete. Sandralpond 16:02, 18 April 2012 (UTC) I addition the following User:Lsgc/Lsgc Sandbox 1 has been added great work. Sandralpond 14:23, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 20 July 2012, at 14:23.
- This page has been accessed 434 times.