User talk:Olayton2Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Please post new messages at the bottom of the page to prevent confusion.
- Please sign your comments. Type
after your text.
- Please use section headings to separate conversation topics.
The Welcoming Committee is here to support you and offer you a warm welcome to a Community that loves Family History. We thank you for your contributions! Please continue editing and consider joining in Projects Seeking Contributors or a live Community Meeting where you may meet other experienced users and contributors.
This message is posted on your Talk Page which is associated with your personal User Page. Try creating a User Page about yourself by clicking on your name under "Personal Tools" at the bottom of the navigation bar. It's a great place to practice new skills and lets others know something about you and your genealogical interests. We hope you like this place and decide to join in.
Here are a few pages you may find helpful:
- The Community Center for the Wiki.
- The Guiding Principles of FamilySearch Wiki.
- Learn to Search for Articles.
- Learn how to Help:Edit and Contribute.
- Check the Manual of Style.
You may find additional editing and technical assistance from experienced contributors in the forums at Forums.FamilySearch.org. Please sign your name only on discussion/talk pages. If you need personal assistance, feel free to contact Welcoming Committee Members.
I have serious concerns about some of the edits that you are currently making on the FS Wiki.
(1) The introductory text at the top of each article is necessary for SEO (search engine optimisation) purposes. It is gradually being added to *all* FS Wiki pages. This text contains specific keywords which will be used by search engines such as Google. The SEO introduction on FS Wiki pages also has a finite character count and so the wording has been carefully constructed and should not be merged with any other text from the page.
(2) It is important that a general description about the topic be given. We cannot simply rely on outdated historic information.
(3) Where an historic quote is used on a page from a specific source, such as "A Topographical Dictionary of Wales", editors should not change the wording of that quote from the original text.
Therefore I feel that I have to reverse your recent edits to the FS Wiki. --Bromaelor 17:29, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 9 November 2013, at 03:08.
- This page has been accessed 207 times.